Paris, October 24, 2015

I turned off this blog for about a year and a half.  My mother passed away a year and a half ago and putting a pause to airing my thoughts was my way to mark the grief.  I had cancelled exhibitions and put on hold different projects, but mainly, I wanted to mark the moment with silence.

Of course, I didn't stop painting.  If anything, the moments passed in silence in the studio were the main moments that helped sustain me.  Within that space, time could be forgotten and the past could be brought forward, alternative trajectories could be traveled in the mind and grief could be expressed without constraint.  I was not ready for the sudden loss of my mother, it seems that it will be something that will travel within me, this loss.

* * *


Roy Forget, "Le Saint Germain, Mazrâ," 2014-2015; Oil on Linen; 116 x 178 cm



Comments