Bob and I are Bosom Buddies!

In celebration of America's independence, and Bob's big show at the MoMA, on view through September 17,  I have decided to release some up until now unknown photographs of Bob and I in Bardo.   So while you are out celebrating the Independence of the good ol' USA, BBQ, tortilla and salsa, Corona beers, and all, enjoy these recent snapshots of Bob and I, true bosom buddies.

In front of my old apartment in the West Village, 3 Bethune Street, right on top of the Bus Stop Café, oh, that famous third floor.  When I lived there, way back when, we would go downstaires to get expensive pancakes for breakfast, but only if we weren't going across 8th Ave. to the Bonbonnerie.

Our bosom-buddiness goes way back to the days of the Black Mountain College, little does anyone know.

Our dogs !  Yeah, he likes mutts, so progressive.  I'm all like, "whippets were mutts too, like 150 years ago."  Papa, don't preach, I donate enough to the SPCA to not get those eye rolls.

Back in the day, Jasper would get all sorts of jealous, but he just needed to move on.  That's the T.  

And here is Black and White PROOF!  

If America believes everything that "45" spews on Twitter, well, then I am obviously not making anything up.  I clearly do not age at all, people like me just don't.  Just read Antoine Volodine's Bardo, or not Bardo, it was just translated into English last year.  Yes, just do it, you'll get it.

Just yesterday, Bob took a photograph of me all covered up in the studio -- it was a bit chilly, though I am not complaining as we had just lived through a horrible heatwave here in Paris and without air-conditioning!  The gray rainy November weather is better suited for this old wreck of a city anyway.  You can see Bob's reflection in the framed picture behind me.  I limit my head gear to gray only (my skin tone needs a cool neutral frame), but Bob, being a white man and no longer able to get a sun tan, is lately insisting on wearing his pink pussy beanie (Thank you, Woman's March!).  It does give him a bit more color.  

Happy Independence Day, America !

What's a bit of Bardo reality when alternate facts are what you live by anyway.   By the way, Bob despises the "45" and much more than you can even imagine.


Comments